Kent County Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
Contact a Trusted West Warwick Ch 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you are struggling with serious debt, Chapter 13 bankruptcy could end collector calls, help you save your home, and give you the fresh start you need. To achieve all this, however, you need to make sure all your legal bases are covered. It is crucial that you find the right Kent County bankruptcy attorney.
Why choose the Law Office of Steven J. Hart?
- I have over 20 years of legal experience
- My firm delivers personalized, dedicated representation
- You can start your case with a personal consultation
In your personal case review, I can help you determine your eligibility for Chapter 13 relief. If this is indeed your solution, then I am prepared to skillfully help you through each stage of the process, protecting your rights and guiding you to a stronger financial future. My passion is to see my clients succeed. I proudly serve individuals and businesses across Rhode Island, and have been doing so for over two decades now. You can rely on the legal counsel you'll receive at my Kent County bankruptcy firm.
Discover your debt relief options when you call my office today!
Injured Due to Negligence?
Speak with my firm today to find out what your case is worth.
Facing a Divorce?
I'm in your corner. You shouldn't have to go through a divorce alone.
My firm has the knowledge to aggressively protect your interests.
Overview of Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in Kent County
Chapter 13 is known as Reorganization bankruptcy because it allows debtors to reorganize their debts for repayment rather than liquidate all assets to pay off debts.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy timeline: Unlike the Chapter 7 process, Chapter 13 bankruptcy lasts 3 to 5 years. This is to enable debtors to partially or fully repay their debts through payment plans.
- Bankruptcy's automatic stay will last as long as the bankruptcy process does. The automatic stay is what halts creditor harassment, lawsuits, wage garnishments, and more. For example, if you file for Chapter 13 protection, this could stop foreclosure in its tracks.
- You are allowed to keep your property while you catch up on missed mortgage or car payments.
Through your negotiated repayment plan, you can fully catch up on your mortgage and other debts, emerging from the process debt-personal. If certain debts remain after the Chapter 13 plan is completed, that debt could be discharged.
Don't wait to learn more about how bankruptcy could benefit you. Schedule your personal consultation with a Kent County Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer today!